Harmony had its start over 100 years ago, on Lower Dawnville Road in Dalton Georgia. On August 29, 1890, a presbytery was called for the purpose of organizing a Missionary Baptist Church. The place of the meeting was a brush arbor near Mr. Berry Duckett’s home, somewhere between the place that the current building now stands, and the spring to the north of the church. Harmony was organized at this meeting with nine members. In addition to a church, Harmony’s original building was used as a public school called, “Harmony School” from the late 1800’s through the first part of the 20th Century.
Our current church building was constructed in 1954 and was recently renovated with new paint, carpets and technology.