Are you suicidal? Please call: 1-800-273-8255. This is the number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
Do you live in our local area and are suffering domestic abuse? Please call: 706-278-5586 (24/7) for the Northwest Georgia Family Crisis Center Hotline.
HARMONY BAPTIST CHURCH BENEVOLENCE POLICY
“As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.” (Galatians 6:10)
1. While we would like to help everyone who has a genuine need, we have a duty as a church to first help our members and family of our members. Therefore, these will be treated with priority over other needs.
2. If you do not regularly attend our church, we ask that you first seek assistance through other charitable and public institutions that may be better able to help. For example:
a. THE SALVATION ARMY: Address: 1109 N Thornton Ave, Dalton, GA 30720, Phone: (706) 278-3966
b. PROVIDENCE MINISTRIES INC: 711 S Hamilton St. Dalton, GA 30720, Phone: (706) 275-0268
c. DOCUP (Dalton Organization of Churches United For People). 114 S. Hamilton Street. Applicants may call 706.529.9000 to schedule appointments.
3. We cannot give you cash under any circumstances.
4. We ask that you come to at least one service before speaking to us about assistance. We will be glad to talk to you after the service, but you must attend either Sunday AM @ 11, or Wednesday PM @ 7. There are no exceptions to this.
5. Because we help our own church members and their families first, you may have to wait to receive assistance.
6. If we are able to help, we can only help in certain crisis situations. Unfortunately, we cannot meet every need.
7. We may require a drug test before we can help.